Monday, July 14, 2014

A day at Amsterdam (Day Two)

Continued from my previous post of Day One!
Day Two which is the last day of June
which is the day Sheila touched down from flight :)
I know Sheila from flying!! She is one of the minority of colleagues who turned into friends. 

So that day met up with Sheila and the rest.
We want to go see the windmills which Amsterdam, Holland is famous for!! :)
But we only can go in the afternoon as Sheila just reached in the morning so must give her some time to sleep. Can understand that they will be tired! Been there & done that, I was exhausted myself on day one.

Anyway when we met in the afternoon, we decided to go for lunch first!
And after some walking, we went back to the same area from yesterday to have lunch. Settled down with this mexican style restaurant. But Sheila and I had pizza instead which was the wrong decision made. 

Waited for more than an hour for this super salty pizza ._. 
So salty that its like we ordered pizza with salt.
Not worth the long wait...

S & S ordered Mexican style food which is way nicer & lesser waiting time.. okay I know the lady warned us about the waiting time. But must at least be worth the wait right!?

Took the tram from our hotel nearby to the Amsterdam central station, to catch bus.
I took a very nice video of the tram journey over!! Okay.. i try to upload..

*uploading*
*fail to upload*
:(
I DONT KNOW WHY!!!?!?
next time maybe when I make a youtube account.

Great view from the station!!

Sheila and I!




Price for the two ways bus ticket for two person.. so about 7 euros each :)
Compared to the tour package which is about 45 euros

The bus journey took us about 40 minutes. From the packed and busy town area to a less busy downtown area and then to a countryside feel area.
And finally we had a small glimpse of a windmill from a far!
Can you see it?

But what caught our attention was the clouds!!!! 
OH SO FLUFFY!!!!!! 

And then we finally reached our destination!
ZAANSE SCHANS.
I really don't know how to pronounce it...
zan-nes sch-hans?

O.M.G. look at the clouds!!!!!!!!!!! (and the windmills from far)

And so windyyyy~

Don't you just love the beautiful sky of Holland 

Have to stand facing that direction because the wind was really strong. Our hair cannot maintain! haha

Heading to the small village
ONE OF THE THINGS HOLLAND IS FAMOUS FOR: 
The wooden clogs/shoes

Now then I realised that both photos I were turning to my right which I also don't know why. haha, no reason... just posing for photo! 

Apity we didn't go and visit the workshop because when we reached the place, it is already quite late so we want to see the windmills first but after everything, the workshop is closed :'(
.
SEE THE WINDMILL!!!
So countryside feel.
And the place is so picturesque *.*
JUST LOOK AT THE CLOUDS!!!

Oh ya.. there's a mini cheese factory and shop as well.
If you choose to cross a mini bridge you will have to enter the cheese shop to go to another side of the village.

This is the bridge! 
Actually I got a really nice photo of it! But then I accidentally capture it with Sophie looking weird (according to her) in it so she just deleted it!!! omg.. so bad :(
And I refused to upload the one with her inside ..  

Nothing much in the cheese shop itself.. just a lot of different cheese. And the staff dressed up like dutch lady! Now thinking about it... I SHOULD take a picture of the inside of the shop -_-

Nevermind... see this loop sided banana ice cream I bought there.
Its kind of like their strategies to make it a must to walk through the shop.. because we ended up buying things. For me, its this ice cream! 

Okay... back to the gorgeous sceneries of the skies and windmills.
The Dutch skies is rather famous for their clouds.
And I used to think all clouds in the world should looked the nice right!?!? 

EVERYONE IS UNDER THE SAME SKY... ARENT WE? 
Sad enough.. we were too late to go into the windmill itself. Thats why all the exterior views.

I got a lot... really a lot of photos. Hard to decide which ones to upload here.

WAFFLES(again!) at this little pastry shop.
In Amsterdam, we really can't find any good food. 
But lucky there is nice & good waffles!! 

.
Took the last bus back to Amsterdam.
Amsterdam is really beautiful with its building structures.

BIG,MEDIUM & SMALL SIZES.
.
FOR THIS, I SHALL END MY TRIP IN AMSTERDAM!
I hope that I can go back again!
Because I want to go and try the canal bike where you can "cycle" the boat around the canals of Amsterdam!!!!!! ^^

End the post with this ultra happy photo of myself jumping.

.
Next up: From Milan to Cineque Terre Italy :)
And meanwhile you can visit my Dayre as I update regularly!

No comments: