Monday, August 18, 2014

Milan oh Italy~

I am doing a very #throwback post about my short Milan trip!
I want to post since long ago but no time to sit down and write a post which might be long~ However I had been diligently updating my Dayre! :) 

That day we wanted quite long for the hotel staff to prepare our rooms to check in.. so long that they actually offered us breakfast buffet!!!! ^^

I hearts hotel breakfast buffet~
but most of the crew are too exhausted to eat. I think I ate the most :x

But then I think I really had too much that my kebaya like going to burst! :o
OHNO! Getting/feeling fat with such a tight fitting uniform.

In my whole life, I never looked good in uniform because I am too skinny which means no shape. Even XS size can be baggy/loose for me and I looked like a stick, ALWAYS!

However this job, every single of us have to do fitting for our kebaya(ladies)/shirt(men). So finally I can look decent with my uniform ^^ At least got a bit of shape but then if eat too much, will feel that the kebaya going to explore!!!! :/

Back to the hotel again.. after an hour plus of waiting, we finally checked in!

Marriott Milan Hotel.
Very vintage feel~
Actually I took a photo of the bathroom but I was caught in the mirror reflection, wearing my uniform, so *TEHHHHHHHH* cannot upload here.

But there is something interesting which caught my attention!!
There is another toilet bowl like but yet looked like a sink.. I didnt know what is the usage until I asked others then they told me it is used to wash your private areas.

I didnt try but I still think it will be kinda awkward to use?


One of my favourite thing to do is to
Eat and watch drama!
but this meal is meh :/ quite horrible pizza.
think it is the worst room service ever 

The next day we planned to go Cinque Terre by taking the train over!
Different train stations and arrival/departure timings.
I see until blur, so I just follow the rest :p



This is not a cheap train ticket.

Kaile and Aidah were sitting together with me in the same cabin while the rest were in other cabin.

Long journey over~~ 
and we have to transit at other station, Genova.





Wanted to take a nice picture but ended up with a candid shoot.
Sometimes I helped others take nice shoot but I don't get one back.. haha. oh well but it is s nice candid.


But this I looked a bit weird looking.

A selfie before boarding the train to continue our journey, which took us about 5 hrs total. 

The shoot with the train and background is really nice!!! I like~~ 
And I realised how short my hair was! 


food on the go~

If you got nothing to do, take a selfie!
Natural effect with no filter!

And one more selfie! :x


Finally we reached our destination : La Spezia
Got our hands on the train tickets for the CINQUE TERRE train rides to the villages


First stop:

We were rushing through the villages because the journey took us the whole morning, we reached around 1 pm and we need to catch the last train back to Milan in the evening :/

.
Looked at the crowd heading to see a good view of Manarola!!!

everyone was dressed up so casually and comfortably.
Some even in swimsuits and bikinis because looked at the clear water!!!!!!
People are there for a dip/swim/dive/suntanning
Saw people jumping off the "cliff/rock" too.

Think I am overdressed!! hahaha
and with heels some more because I forgot to pack shoes. Lucky me that I got my paxing aka formal shoes.



OMG! LOOK AT THE VIEW!!!!! 
Think its night view will be nicer with all the lightings.
Actually the real scenery is 100 times nicer.
Sometimes photos just can't justify what you seen with your real eyes.

Last picture of my sunglasses before it dropped off the cliff! haha
I put it on my head on my hair like below 

and when I looked up, my sunglasses slipped off my silky hair and dropped down the cliff into the beautiful sea. My lucky sunglasses get to stay underneath the beautiful sea of Manarola, Italy. Very lucky, very lucky. haha

It is a old and brand-less sunglasses which I didn't use for a very long time and I decided to bring to Milan. Only then it decided that Milan is a place it wanna stay at. Everyone including strangers around me were like "omg! omg! how?! I don't think it can be retrieve back!!" while I was laughing and telling them its ok, cheap sunglasses only.

Okay, one more shoot of Manarola. think its the best shoot.
 

Leaving to another village~

Took the tram (AGAIN!) to Monterosso~

which is most popular village I feel.
Because of the beautiful beaches and the shops at the beaches.. people went there to slack at the beach. Abit like our Singapore Sentosa but a lot times cleaner and prettier. 

The whole beach is filled with umbrella. Different colours represent different restaurant/shop.


So sunny~~~ (insert sun emoji) 
And I got no sunglasses to block sun ray~


Then we faster head down to Vernazza


the last village we can head down to, choose that because the picture of Vernazza we googled looked really nice!
Examples like this:
Credit to redbubble

Saw this little tunnel/hole under this huge rock where people were walking into. Out of curiosity, although its blocked, we followed them in.

And we saw this!!

HIDDEN BEACH!
So sad that we were dressed up inappropriately 
Looked at the oh-so-blue sea water!!!!!!!

We climbed up high and was hoping to capture the image we googled for. To our disappointment, there isn't any way to capture or even see that view! Must take from the train and be fast enough. Or stayed at one of the houses up the hill.

Best we could get.

The weather was really hot, I really don't mind jumping in IF I have bikini/swimsuits.

Nevertheless the Vernazza scenery is nice too.

Had a gelato!

And one & only group photo with an Italian lady.

It was a fun trip! But its rather tiring travelling for so long and then rushing through the whole trip. I will suggest that if you want to go Cinque Terre, stay there for a night so you can truly enjoy the scenery, bring swimsuit to jump into the water as well as being able to see the night view of the villages. 

Finally!!! I am done with my Milan post so I can finally blog about my BKK trip with Vamvam.


No comments: